Annual Tour Series
Great River Energy / Mesabi Trail Tour Series
Ride for the fun or ride for the challenge – either way, the Great River Energy Mesabi Trail Tour “Series” is the most fun you can have on two wheels! And now – you get to choose from three tours instead of just one!
The Great River Energy Mesabi Trail Tour has a whole new look for these days of COVID-19. We’ve come up with a new and creative plan to keep everyone safe and healthy while we all spend time outdoors with family and friends – the Mesabi Trail offers the ultimate in safe social distancing!
While you pedal (fully supported) along one of Minnesota’s premiere paved bicycle trails, you will encounter historic & scenic points of interest, food & music at rest stops, and a finish line celebration complete with a picnic lunch and more music!
Whichever of the three tours of the series you choose, you will experience the same outstanding customer service and reliable logistics we’ve been famous for over the past 15 years!
Cost (per tour) is $45 per person for folks 17 and older – kids 16 and under ride FREE!
If you have ridden with us before, here are the changes you will see for 2021:
- Instead of one big tour in August – choose from three smaller tours throughout the biking season!
- Instead of one long linear route – each tour will travel out & back on the Mesabi Trail from the same location – you will encounter TWO-WAY bicycle traffic.
- Instead of four linear routes – choose from two routes of about 25 & 50 miles, out & back on the Trail.
- Instead of being able to accept an unlimited number of riders – the number of riders will be limited to 200 per tour.
- Instead of opening registration in January – registration will open six weeks before each tour, running for about four weeks or until limits are reached.
The tours are fundraisers for the Mesabi Trail and Club Mesabi, the “Friends” of the Mesabi Trail.
The situation with the virus seems to be a moving target, and happily moving in a positive direction!
While restrictions are lifting and guidelines changing, we are currently staying with our plans as outlined above.
At this time, tours are still going to be limited to 200 riders each, especially for the July tour. We will be monitoring and evaluating the situation on an on-going basis, and updating any changes.
Three to four weeks before each tour, any restrictions will be posted here.